Unakka Meen Kari – Sun-dried Fish Curry
Unakka Meen Kari – Sun-dried Fish Curry Ingredients
250 gms sun-dried fish
2 tsp oil
4 cloves garlic,chopped
3 stalk curry leaves
1/2 tsp salt
Ground to a fine paste:
3-cm piece ginger,chopped
8 dry red chillies,torn into pieces
A walnut-sized ball of seedless tamarind
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 tsp water
Unakka Meen Kari – Sun-dried Fish Curry – Method of Preparation
- Wash fish and soak in water for an hour. Drain, dry and cut into 5-cm pieces.
- Rub spice paste into fish and marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and curry leaves, and fry till the aroma of cooked garlic is released.
- Pour in scant 1/2 cup water and stir in fish. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Variation: Sun-dried prawns can be cooked in the same way. Soak in water for 30 minutes only.