Egg Roast is an easy recipe which goes well as a side dish for any Indian bread or rice.
Tips for this recipe
Keep 1 cup of boiled water handy to sprinkle on the pan, if the onion gets sticky while sautéing.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- ½ garam masala
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chopped fresh garlic
- ½ tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 (8 oz) medium red onions
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 stem of curry leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1.Boil the eggs and score slightly with a knife.
- 2.Heat the oil in a 10 inch roasting pan in medium heat. Add garlic & ginger until golden brown
- 3.Add onion and curry leaves and cook the mix until onion is clear stirring constantly.
- 4.Add chili, turmeric, coriander and garam masala powders and roast the mix until onion is caramelized. Sprinkle hot water if onion sticks to the pan
- 5.Reduce the heat and add the eggs
- 6.Mix well so that the eggs are covered with masala. Turn off the heat and sprinkle the coriander leaves