Vegetable Masala Rice is a healthy wholesome dish which can be eaten with plain yogurt or with any other curried dish.
Tips for this recipe
Cooking Basmati Rice
Follow the cooking instructions in the package. Based on your preference, you can use either brown or white basmati rice. If white rice, use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. If brown, use 2 1/2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
Chopping Beans & Carrot
You could use a food processor to chop the vegetables. However, make sure that you don’t grate it too small.
Ghee vs. Coconut oil
Ghee taste better for this recipe. Use coconut oil if ghee is not available or not preferred.
- 1 cup brown or white basmati rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp ghee(clarified butter) or coconut oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Cook the Basmati rice as instructed in the package or per the tips above.
- Heat ghee/coconut oil in a 12 inch chef pan in medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté until golden brown
- Add onion and sauté until browned
- Add the garam masala and mix well
- Throw in the cut beans and salt. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add Carrots, mix well and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the cooked rice and mix well and turn off the heat
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top
Servings : 4
Ready in : 45 Minutes